
Last Friday, the long week finally took its tole and because I was so exhausted, I fell asleep at 9:30. So, Saturday morning I woke up at 5:00AM. I'm not sure why, but I decided to stay up, not go to bed and watch a movie. I had recorded The Big Sleep the previous week and hadn't been able to watch it up to that point. This was the perfect opportunity. Plus, being dark outside helped with the ambiance.
If you enjoy film noir and haven't seen this movie, you should definitely check it out. The acting is superb and the cinematography is excellent as well. Even William Faulkner helped write the screenplay.
Other film noir movies I recommend:
The Third Man - Welles
The Maltese Falcon - Huston
Sunset Boulevard - Wilder
Double Indemnity - Wilder
Out of the Past - Torneur
and Many others
2 comments:
I still haven't seen the big sleep, even though I once requested it as a birthday present, I still don't own it. I want to see that one and Key Largo...christmas break? Good list also, the 3rd man is one of my favorite.
I've actually never heard of Key Largo. I'll have to look it up. Christmas break movie nights sounds great.
Post a Comment