
2. As a result of my class being over, I teach for the next month without taking any courses. I plan on taking a big chunk out of the reading list and taking full advantage of our netflix membership.
3. I've been looking for some new graphic novels to read and here are a couple of the ones I think have promise.
4. The Copa America has been dissapointing so far. Argentina has looked pretty bad. Many blame Messi, but the blame should go to Batista. He needs to replace Banega and Cambiasso with Di Maria and Pastore and Lavezzi with Higuain. Plus, the fact that he is trying to play like Barcelona is an insult. Play like Argentina!
5. The Barnes and Noble criterion sale starts this coming week. I'm usually really excited but this time around I can't think of anything to get right away. Maybe The Thin Red Line (blu-ray) or Charade.
6. Beckie is hosting a Harry Potter party tonight celebrating the release of the last film. She's prepared all types of decorations and activities. I kid with her about how nerdy it is but truthfully I think it will be fun. It's cool to see how creative she can get.
7. Little H* has changed quite a bit in the last couple of months. He finally has more than just two teeth and is visibly growing. He won't sit in a shopping cart anymore and instead insists on helping push it. He also loves the Nursery which we are happy about.


3 comments:
Good stuff. I'm assuming you read Campos and Pacheco's poetry about the quake in D.F. What did you think? I might do my dissertation on both those poets/cuentistas.
Oh, also, I would recommend Thin Red on Blu Ray over Charade. TRL is more of a visual treat. Hace you seen The Tree of Life yet?
Ben - Paul also recommended The Thin Red Line on blu ray. Once we get a blu ray, that will be first on the list. As for the sale, I ended up picking up a couple of dvd's including "Solaris" and "The Great Dictator".
The tree of life looks good. Truthfully, I haven't thought much of it considering all of the comic-to-film adaptations (my guily pleasure) that have been coming out. So, our next date night will probably be to see Captain America or X-Men:First Class.
Post a Comment