Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Best Show on TV?


I recently finished watching season 3 of AMC's Breaking Bad. Once I started the first season about a month ago I couldn't stop. A dark and violent yet funny and moving program, the show quickly became my favorite. It's combination of top-notch writing and incredible performances by Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul makes it, in my opinion, the best drama on tv. I'm not alone in this assesment. Chuck Klosterman, a contributor to Bill Simmons' Grantland.com and the author of such books as Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs: A Low Culture Manifesto agrees and adds that it is better than Mad Men, The Sopranos, and The Wire. Read his article here. So, if you think you can trust either mine or Chuck's recommendations check out Breaking Bad on Netflix streaming (Seasons 1-3). Enjoy!

3 comments:

Ben said...

More and more people are talking about how they love this show. I've been resisting it because I hear it's pretty violent and between Fringe, Burn Notice, and Person of Interest I get a steady dose of violence in my T.V. diet. As it is I try to balance those with a bunch of PBS and Nat. Geo. documentaries.

Steve said...

Yeah, it's pretty violent. I don't watch either Fringe or Burn Notice but Breaking Bad along with the Walking Dead I get my fair share of violence.

bfbffgh said...

This, Mad Men, and Walking Dead have been calling to me from my Netflix queue, but I haven't started them yet (mostly because I know I'll get sucked in, and I don't have time to get sucked in).