Batman: Black Mirror by Scott Snyder. The best Batman comic I've read in some time. Snyder has given the Dark Knight the writing that it deserves.
It was a sad day when I found out Borders was going out of business. It was the one place where I could go and find just about any graphic novel I was looking for. Beckie and I would go on our date-nights (sans the little guy) and spend a couple hours browsing and reading. Athens still has Barnes & Noble but their selection pales in comparison to the once-great Borders. But, recently I found that the former had the most recent copy of my favorite graphic novel The Walking Dead. The past few volumes haven't been as good as previous ones but after reading this one I'm optimistic about the future of the comic.
Found this book the other day on Amazon while looking at Maximiliano Ruiz's latest, Walls and Frames: Fine Art from the Streets. Street art in Latin America is huge, and just like most things from our southern neighbor, it is underrated. There seems to be obvious links between the classic muralists (Rivera, Orozco) and the new wave of graffiti artists. It's really something I want to explore going forward in my studies.
The best album so far in 2012. Going against such recent indie trends as chill-wave, and "weepy-rock" ala Bon Iver and The Antlers. An album that, for a lack of a better term, rocks. Loud, abrasive, fun and strangely moving.




1 comment:
I agree with you about Barnes and Noble. They just don't have as great of a selection as Borders did. We try to go to some of the local bookstores, but they're in slightly more obscure locations.
Post a Comment