I recently checked out from the library (thank you interlibrary loan) a copy of Maximiliano Ruiz's Walls & Frames: Fine Art from the Streets. It features a collection of works from street artists who have successfully made the transition from street to gallery. It also includes gallery artists who use a graffiti aesthetic and whose works are clearly influenced by the street. While I had heard of many of the artists previously such as JR, Conor Harrington, Gaia, Herakut, C215, El Mac, Paul Insect, Evol, Eine, and others, there were many more that I was introduced to for the first time. To me here are the ones that stood out.
DAVE KINSEY (Pittsburgh, PA)
JOSH KEYES (Oregon)
GEORGE MORTON-CLARK (London, England)
JOHNNY "KMNDZ" RODRIGUEZ (Pomona, California)
DOZE GREEN (San Francisco, California)
JORAM ROUKES (Groningen, Netherlands)
KOFIE (Los Angeles, California)
JEREMY FISH (San Francisco, California)
DOCTEUR GECKO (Toulouse, France)
KATRIN FRIDRIKS (Reykjavik, Iceland)
RENE ALMANZA (Monterrey, Mexico)
DUNCAN LUGO aka MR. LUGO (Bristol, England)












2 comments:
I took some pics of street art and political graffiti for you while in México D.F. Nothing as quality as this stuff, but some of them are pretty cool.
Ben, I'd love to see some of them if possible.
Post a Comment