Only 5 days until the big day for Beckie and me. It's becoming more real as the days go by. This morning I woke up early to take Beckie to the airport. I left home at about 5:45am and was surprised to awake to a snow storm. The past few weeks and especially the past few days have been beautiful. It has gradually gotten warmer and I have stopped wearing a coat. So, seeing snow was not the most pleasant of surprises.
Beckie and I started driving and as we got onto the freeway the snow became worse. We decided not to risk driving in the darkness with the snow and so were able to get another flight at a later time. Beckie went back to bed and I sat and watched some Simpsons before we left again for the airport. We finally got there and got Beckie on the 1:29 flight to Seattle.
So, the final week has begun. Beckie is in Seattle finishing up some preparations for the wedding and I will be there on Wednesday. Family and friends will be trickling in on thursday and friday with my parents the exception, who will be in Seattle for when Beckie goes through the temple for the first time on Wednesday night. A week from today Beckie and I will have been married for a couple of days. We will be starting our life together.
No comments:
Post a Comment