Last night I went to an Animal Collective concert in SLC. Animal Collective is 'band', I use that word loosely, originally from Baltimore but now residing in NYC. They are on of the most innovative, creative and important acts in music. Look them up on Wikipedia and you can understand more of what their sound is really like. Anyway, the concert last night was excellent. 3 of the 4 members played to a packed house. I was right in front and was amazed at the sound that they could make from a few machines, drums, and vocals. No guitars. They are so original. I posted a couple of videos of them here. The first one is a live show and the song "leaf house". It's not the best video so I posted another with the same song where the audio is much better. The live video is really similar to what I experienced. Any questions about the band just ask me. Oh, and I almost forgot to say that on my current list of best albums now, the Panda Bear cd is a solo release by one of the members of Animal Collective. It's great. His voice reminds me of Brian Wilson from the Beach Boys.
2 comments:
Ok, Steve! You are into some interesting music! I like some of your stuff- I went & bought The Decemberists, Crane Bride on your recommendation as well as The Shins. I like about half of The Decemberists album & a lot of Wincing the Night Away, especially tracks 4 & 7. Not sure I'll be getting into this one though. Did Beckie go with you?
You mean the Crane Wife, right? I've just been trying to find some different stuff. I get tired of the same thing pretty easily. You should check my top albums. I'm going to make them have links to their myspace pages.
Post a Comment