When Beckie and I got back from New York, I came back with a renewed desire to find new and interesting music. I have done this in the past but am trying to expand my tastes. One day I stumbled across a review for an album called Mirrored by a band named Battles. The review was quite positive and I soon found this album with a great rating on metacritic.com (a site that averages reviews from various magazine and websites to come to an overall consensus of good music, books, and movies). Anyway, this album was described in one review as "a mix of over-the-top whimsy, extreme rhythms, vise-tight musicianship, and a 21st century man-machine interface between live and laptop." I don't suppose myself an expert when it comes to music but I think this album deserves the praise. It's very interesting, loud, and quite fun. Oh yeah, and it's math rock.
3 comments:
You're so cute. I love you very much. Hahahahaha. Math rock, like the pythagorean theorom? I know someone who made a song about it in high school, it went Pythagorus, enlighten us, tell us sir your theorom please.
Anyway...
I like the video, the song is interesting but I'm still confused. What exactly is math rock? A concept? The style of music?
This is an example of math rock as a style of music. I'm not really an expert on it. But there is a good explanation on wikipedia.
Post a Comment