Friday, September 7, 2007

The Final Mouse Update

Yes, this is the final mouse update. You know what that means, the mouse is dead and the carcass has been found. There are a few more things worthy of mention. On Tuesday, I got to work around 12 because I had class in the morning. My boss tells me that Nathan, the technician had come earlier to look at the printer more, and that upon removing more of the components, found two live mouse babies. I was totally grossed out. The babies were still alive and in the trash can. I couldn't do anything except throw them out into the dumpster.
On Tuesday, a smell of death started to permeate through the back. The mouse was dead. But, we could not find it. Finally, a co-worker found the dead mouse in the adjacent room to my desk, where we have the cleaning supplies and tools. We got rid of it and the smell was soon gone. I was thankful for that. I thought that was the end of the mouse saga until today.
The technician came again this morning to replace a few wires that had been chewed on by the mouse. He took apart more of the printer and made a discovery, and hopefully the last discovery we'll have. A dead mouse baby. It had this very distinct stink to it. Very gross.
The mouse saga is over, well, until the next mouse comes along and decides to have offspring inside our printer. A very odd couple weeks and I'm glad it's over. Maybe I can now start doing my real job.

3 comments:

beckie said...

When did we become one of those couples whose lives revolve around their rat babies?

Bob's a mom!

jenny said...

So sad! Poor babies! My kids would have loved to taken them as pets! :)

Emily said...

RIP poor mice