This week has been quite a rollercoaster. Applications, a baptism, and snow snow and more snow. Yesterday, Joseph A. was baptized into the church and into the Orem Cherry Hill 5th Ward. The first convert baptism in about 5 years for the ward. Joseph is a young man from Ghana and came into contact with the church while living in Virginia living with his aunt. He literally walked into the stake center only a block away and asked to be a member of the church. 3 weeks later he was baptized. During the week I rushed to try to get a program together and to get the word out because the baptism was not announced in church. What an amazing blessing for him and for all of us. He was confirmed today in church and welcomed by the members of the ward. We're grateful that he is with us.
The snow just hasn't stopped. It's snowed about every other day starting last monday and just left us with about 4-5 more inches during the Super Bowl. We were at a friends house and had a very difficult time getting out of the snow when we left. I thought the car was going to be stuck for awhile. We hope it stops soon. Along with all of this, I've been working a lot with graduate applications. I finished my BYU application on thursday, the day before the deadline. This is really where we want to be for a masters and hope it turns out. I am liking my chances but am trying to cautiously optimistic.
After all of business of the week, I am looking forward to a nice laid-back birthday with Beckie and a not-so-crazy week.
2 comments:
that's awesome. we had two convert baptisms on saturday in our ward. did you watch president hinckley's funeral? it was beautiful & so inspiring.
Unfortunately, we weren't able to watch it. We heard all about it though.
Post a Comment