So, it's no secret that Beckie and I love thrift stores. Furniture, Books, Frames, and clothes are our targets. Deseret Industries is the largest thrift store in these parts and the one in Provo is not only really close to our apartment but also quite large. Beckie usually hunts for home items such as frames, furniture, lamps, etc. while I am searching for books. I've been quite lucky finding books at DI. I'm always on the lookout for Spanish literature along with classics at bargain prices.
This past weekend we went to the American Fork DI and found some great stuff. Beckie picked up a lamp that I wasn't too crazy about but I trust her vision with it. I was lucky enough to find this book by Carlos Fuentes (La Frontera de Cristal), The Crystal Border. It was a great find considering it is brand new, probably never read, and is an Alfaguara book. Alfaguara is a Spanish publisher whose books often are pretty expensive. 2$ for a book listed at 18$.
As we find more treasure at these thrift stores, we'll post them. Look at Beckie's blog also to check out her finds. Her apartment pictures show off a lot of what she has found.
No comments:
Post a Comment