Beckie and I ventured out to Salt Lake last night for one of the first concerts we've been to in awhile. Vampire Weekend played with Yacht in a sold out concert at In the Venue. Most everybody was there to see Vampire Weekend, and the truth is, we were as well. But Yacht didn't disappoint. Yacht consists of a computer and two vocalists. The music was already made and played from the laptop while the band sung and danced. It was really interesting. I've heard electronic music similar to them before but I've never seen a concert from a laptop. Their energy was great and I really enjoyed it.
Vampire Weekend was great. They were actually a lot better live than what I thought they would be. I saw their video on Saturday Night Live and really wasn't impressed. I think the smaller venue made them sound much better. They don't have many songs, so everybody knew most of them and sang along. The set was short and to the point. Good, fun, smart pop music the way it should be played.
No comments:
Post a Comment