Thursday, February 5, 2009

Latest DI finds


So, those who know me well know that I love going to thrift stores and finding books. It's become kind of an obsession. I go almost weekly. But, being the veteran thrift store shopper that I am, I have patience and know that I'm not going to find something every time. But, despite this, I've had some good luck in my quests. My latest find, an excellent copy of Mario Vargas Llosa's La Casa Verde. It cost me 3$ and since then I haven't been able to find it online for cheaper than 25$. The "unfortunate" side of all of this is that we are running out of room on our bookcases.
Latest DI finds:

1. Fever Pitch by Nick Hornby
2. The Second Sex by Simone de Beauvoir
3. A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby
4. The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie
5. La Casa Verde by Mario Vargas Llosa

3 comments:

Ben said...

Now that your secret is out of the bag you'll have some competition...but not very much since I take the bus to school. Having a lot of books is a good problem to have though.

beckie said...

Naked Bum!

Yeah we might want to get another bookcase...

Mac said...

Now make a song about it: "I found Satan at the DI (as in die)"