Slinkachu's street art is unique and original. In his upcoming book, he is introduced as "a London-based artist who for several years has been placing tiny hand painted people on street corners, park benches, and the Underground, and leaving them to fend for themselves. Much like Banksy’s early graffiti work, Slinkachu’s creations mix the bustle, humor, and melancholy of city life, and lie quietly in the darker corners of London’s streets, waiting to be discovered. And if you’re lucky enough to find one, to quote
The Times: "Oddly enough, even when you know they are just hand-painted figurines, you can’t help but feel that their plights convey something of our own fears about being lost and vulnerable in a big, bad city."
Why does he do this? He explains: "Alfresco art frees me up to do what I want. It started as a hobby, just to get my stuff out there, to entertain myself and hopefully others. I know that my work's going to get destroyed in the environment I pick for it, but I find it cathartic saying goodbye. I don't go back to check on the pieces; I prefer to leave them to their own devices." Read the rest of this short article
here.
Check out his blog at
little-people.blogspot.com and official website at
www.slinkachu.comand for even more of Slinkachu's art check out his photostream on flickr
here.





4 comments:
Pretty cool stuff... you know about all the cool British street artists...
Oops... I'm signed is as Karalee and didn't realize it! This is Paul... But, now you can see how cool Karalee looked as a kid!
Karalee looked very cool as a kid.
Yeah, I probably know more than I should about this kind of stuff. It's fun finding street artists that don't just do graffiti. I think they're more original and creative.
There's another that I found awhile ago I think you would like. The website is space-invaders.com. Very cool!
They should use the photo of the deer and the cigarette butts for a hippy poster to keep the earth green.
Post a Comment