I have to admit, even though I don't love dancing myself, I appreciate it as an art form. Break dancing is in the margins of what is considered great dancing but with the help of shows such as America's Best Dance Crew and even So You Think You Can Dace, people are starting to pay attention to it and give it the respect it deserves.
As Beckie and I watched America's Best Dance Crew last night I couldn't help but notice that not a single b-boy crew made it to regionals. So, starving for some real breaking I searched on youtube for the Red Bull BC One, the ultimate one-on-one breaking battlefield.
In 2009 the Red Bull BC One competition returned to the origin of hip-hop and breaking, New York City. And fittingly, in the city where it all started, ground was broken and history was made. Lilou was crowned champion once again (the first to win twice) and showcased some incredibly inventive and groundbreaking moves.
Enjoy, you won't regret it! Maybe I'll even convert some of you while at it.
Clips from the event
Final Round in its entirety
No comments:
Post a Comment