Friday, February 27, 2009

Tech N9ne vs. The Simpsons



I heard this Tech N9ne song recently and the first thing that came to mind was an episode from the Simpsons. The music from Troy McClure's Planet of the Apes musical is eerily similar to a Tech N9ne's song I'm a playa. But who borrowed music from whom? I checked the dates and the Simpsons episode came out in 1996 and the Tech N9ne song "I'm a Playa" in 2002. Did Aaron Dontez Yates aka Tech N9ne really borrow music from a Simpsons musical about Planet of the Apes? You decide.

*Note: The similarities come from the chorus.





Im A Playa - Tech N9NE

2 comments:

Mac said...

well... the Simpsons are just parodying another song (and I suppose that Tech N9er is borrowing from the same song) that has a famous chorus that both songs have swiped (while changing the lyrics (notice how much closer The Simpsons lyrics are)): "Amadeus, Amadeus, Amadeus, Amadeus, Amadeus..." This song is by Falco, I think (I'm not a fan but I do know how to Google and I'm old enough to slightly remember the song being played on the radio).

Steve said...

Thanks Mac. My wife was actually singing this song with the Amadeus lyrics and I thought she had made it up. You both were right.