Monday, March 2, 2009

Randy's Records


Beckie and I were in Salt Lake this weekend celebrating our anniversary. We stayed at the Little America, did some shopping, went to a piano-dueling club, and just had an overall good time. Whenever we go to SLC we make a stop at Randy's Records. One of the last surviving record stores in Utah. Dedicated almost entirely to vinyl, Randy's selection is excellent. In truth, I could probably spend a lot more money than I should there. I did find a couple of records on Saturday, Aretha Franklin's Spirit in the Dark (my favorite of hers) and The Swingin's Mutual with George Shearing and Nancy Wilson.


Spirit In The Dark - Aretha Franklin

2 comments:

Pablo said...

Places like that are why I'm afraid to buy a record player and get into vinyl!

Steve said...

I totally understand. It helps that it's in Salt Lake and we don't go there too often. Otherwise, we might have some problems.