Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Garden

Those who read Beckie's blog know that we started our gardening adventure this summer and are happy about the results. We planted corn, tomatoes, green peppers, onions, basil, zucchini and some flowers. With exception of the flowers, everything has shown significant progress. We were very happy to see our first tomatoes a couple of weeks ago. We also picked our first pepper this weekend. The lone zucchini plant has quickly taken over a large part of the garden. We've picked over a half-dozen last week alone. We can't keep up. If you'd like some zucchini, please let me know and I would be more than happy to bring you some.

Below, I just put some before and after pictures along with what we picked just a couple of days ago.


BeforeAfter
This weekend's harvest

4 comments:

Ben said...

I would be more than happy to take some zucchini off your hands. If you ever come into the office you can just leave some on my desk. Or if you prefer I can swing by the apartment.

Steve said...

Ben - I know you're pretty busy right now so don't worry about coming by here. I can drop them off at the office or even at your apartment if you'd like. Let me know and we can work it out.

Ben said...

Steve,Shaunie used one of your squash in a pasta primavera and it was wonderful! Thanks for dropping them by, we can't wait to have a garden.

jenny said...

beautiful zukes! you are totally inspiring me.