Beckie and I were able to have our first date in months and went to the theater to see Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. We would have saw Inception but none of the times fit our schedule. Earlier that day Claire Taylor had given a lecture on campus entitled Approaches to Latin American Cyberculture: Resistant Reterritorializations and The Reworking of Place and her words ended up fitting perfectly with the film.
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is an example of cyberculture and its mixing of physical and digital space. By mixing different types of media it creates its own specific place that doesn't differentiate between the two. The films use of real life situations combined with videogame graphics and storytelling make it a cybermovie we can all enjoy. Plus, Michael Cera is really funny.
I threw this in for fun. Edgar Wright also directed both Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead. Below is the trailer to the latter.
2 comments:
I really want to see this... hopefully soon, but we're not big theater goers...
We're the same way. We'll probably have to wait for the dollar theater or redbox to see Inception.
Post a Comment