Sunday, May 24, 2009

Grizzly Bear - Two Weeks


Grizzly Bear's latest album Veckatimest has received quite a bit of hype. Months before its release date it was receiving rave reviews and album of the year honors without even being available to the general public. I hate hype. The Animal Collective Merriweather Post Pavilion hype totally ruined that record for me. I couldn't get into it and ended up being disappointed in the outcome. With Grizzly Bear I tried my best to ignore the hype. I kept away from the articles and features bowing down to its greatness and only listened to one of the songs previous to the release. So, when I bought the record this weekend it was a pure, undiluted experience. I believe I enjoyed it better this way. So, in the end I do recommend this record. It's ghostly, hypnotic, and alluring. I don't think they will ever surpass Yellow House, their last record, but this is close.

This video is the first official one from the record. The song is "Two Weeks". Enjoy.


Two Weeks

1 comment:

Pablo said...

I'm loving this album!